- The City Which Hath Foundations
Meditations on the Spiritual Background of Jerusalem
by T. Austin-Sparks
First published in 1935 in A Witness and A Testimony magazines then published as a book by Witness and Testimony Publishers, 1937. This version is from the book.
- Chapter 1 - An Introductory Review
The Land of Syria. (1) The Centrality of Jerusalem - The Anti-type - The New Jerusalem. (2) The Heavenliness of Jerusalem - Features in the Life of Abraham. (1) Heavenly Vision. (2) Separation from Earth. (3) Heavenly Citizenship. (4) A Pilgrim and a Stranger. (5) No Earthly Patronage or Rewards. (6) No Natural Resources or Energies. (7) No Merely Earthly Fruit for God. (8) No Place in the Heavenly for the Hand of Man.
- Chapter 2 - Heavenly Features in the Heavenly Jerusalem, the Church
Zion Contrasted with Egypt, Philistia, Tyre, Ethiopia - The Constituents of Heavenliness. (1) Spirituality. (2) Elevation. (3) Faith.
- Chapter 3 - The Outcome of Departure from a Heavenly Vision
The Heavenliness of Christ and His Own - The Earthboundness of Judaism - The Earthboundness of Christendom.
- Chapter 4 - The Features of the Overcomer
Typical Relationships of Melchizedek with Christ. (1) Kingship. (2) Priesthood. (3) Righteousness. (4) Peace. (5) The Endless Life.
- Chapter 5 - Features of the Overcomer (continued)
Jerusalem in the Days of the Judges - David and the Capture of Jerusalem - Resurrection is a Separating Thing.
- Chapter 6 - The City - The Seat of Heavenly Government
(1) The Mystery. (2) The Heavenliness of Everything. (3) The Governmental Feature - The Factor of Election - Ruling in the Heavens Now - Heavenly Government as Seen in Elisha and Daniel.
- Chapter 7 - Jerusalem in Relation to Universality
The Exclusiveness and Universality of the Church as Typified in Jerusalem - This Two-fold Character of the Church Seen in and Derived from: (a) The Head, (b) The Cross, (c) The Life, (d) The Holy Spirit. - The Counterfeit of the Truth.
- Chapter 8 - The Light of the City
Clearness of Life and Testimony - Dimming the Fine Gold - Poison Gas from the Enemy - "The Wiles of the Devil".